VP of Manufacturing (north Mobile, AL)
- Job Status: Open
- Posted On: October 29, 2019
- Job Category: Engineering, Other
- Position Type: Full Time
- Location: North Mobile, AL
- Desired Experience: 7+ Years
- Desired Education: Bachelors degree
- Travel: negligible
- Relocation: Yes
Gateway Sourcing is assisting a client in search of a VP of Manufacturing to support their line of manufactured industrial equipment.
The VP of Manufacturing reports to the General Manager and directs and controls all elements necessary to the production of assigned products, with respect to: a) satisfactory attainment of quality, cost, schedule and growth targets, and b) cost control on resources employed. The position is responsible for development and implementation of “Lean Manufacturing” techniques throughout the manufacturing organization. Total employment in assigned areas of responsibility is 80-90 hourly and salaried personnel.
- Establish effective short and long-range operational strategy, objectives, goals and plans consistent with and in support of the overall Operating Plan.
- Participate in the manufacturability and lean activities for new products that utilize the technology and skill of the personnel available, while maintaining close contact with Marketing/Sales and Engineering Departments to avoid wasteful duplication or inappropriate use of assigned resources.
- Run the flow of production of assigned products and components in order to balance and minimize manufacturing cycles and to control inventories to optimally low levels.
- Optimize the utilization and efficiency of labor by identifying, developing and providing improved tools, methods, processes, plant layout, material handling and movement, equipment and facilities, and by determining, setting and issuing consistent, challenging yet attainable labor standards. All efforts should incorporate the concepts and practices of continuous improvement with the aim of achieving a lean manufacturing organization.
- Formulate, establish, execute and administer programs for development, procurement, improvement, utilization and maintenance of plant buildings, grounds, equipment, facilities and services on a short and long-range basis.
- Develop, implement and maintain effective quality control and assurance systems/programs to balance preventive, appraisal, and internal and external failure costs at optimally low levels.
- Manufacture, assemble and test assigned products to planned levels of quality, schedule and cost.
- Maintain Customer Service through timely availability/delivery of required manufactured components, assemblies and finished product.
- Communicate with corresponding personnel in assigned functions and integrate production plans, schedules and output to optimally support overall operating plan.
- Document manufacturing processes, practices and tooling in an appropriate, easily-updated form to avoid repetitive problems caused by manpower turnover.
- Provide for orderly and consistent handling of labor relations, optimizing the Company’s position within the bounds of applicable pragmatic and legal considerations. Establish and maintain effective labor relations and morale. Provide employee training that ensures optimum utilization of plant resources.
- Promote safe working conditions through active support and administration of safety, housekeeping and loss prevention programs and systems.
- Structure and staff operations through appropriate personnel selection, training and assignment, and through the proper delegation of responsibility and authority, provide a framework for personnel development and growth.
- Integrate individual objectives, goals and work plans with those of the Operations. Maintain consistency in performance evaluations and salary actions within established guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field. Graduate degree (MBA, etc…) strongly preferred.
- 7 to 10 years progressive experience as an Operations leader in a manufacturing environment
- Lean Training
- Previous Operations Leadership experience.
- Responsible for Reciprocating and Rotary production operations, Methods Engineering and Maintenance.
- Must be able to move about the facility (standing, walking).
- While on shop floor, must wear safety glasses and steel toed shoes at all times.
- Work environment includes office and plant environment.
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder
Compensation: This is a permanent position and compensation will be commensurate with experience. This company also offers full medical and dental benefits along with a 401k matching program
Location: North Mobile, AL. Travel is negligible
If you are qualified and interested, please submit your resume and cover noteApply Now