Tax Analyst – (Mobile, AL)
- Job Status: Filled
- Posted On: September 15, 2018
- Job Category: Finance and Accounting
- Position Type: Full Time
- Location: Mobile, AL
- Desired Experience: 5+ years
- Desired Education: Bachelors
- Travel: Negligible
We have a client looking to hire an experienced Tax Analyst
This is a permanent position. This person should have both experience and desire to work in a highly dynamic industrial environment without direct supervision.
The Tax Analyst will prepare data, work papers and tax returns for the company on an accurate and timely basis. The Tax Analyst prepares the division’s monthly tax provisions for financial statement purposes. Finally, the tax analyst completes special projects as assigned such as tax research and tax audits.
- Prepare on a timely basis, all Canadian and U.S. federal and provincial/state tax returns relating to income, capital, franchise and other taxes for which the division is liable.
- Prepare on a timely basis all Canadian and U.S. information returns including, but not limited to foreign reporting requirements in the U.S. and Canada, 1099’s, etc.
- Calculate and prepare estimated/installment, extension payments and reconcile statements of account from taxing jurisdictions.
- Prepare monthly tax provision working papers.
- Assist with interim reporting to headquarters.
- Reconcile general ledger tax accounts.
Tax Fixed Assets
- Accurately prepare tax depreciation schedules for various U.S entities.
- Reconcile accounting and tax cumulative tax balance and tie to gross deferred balances.
- Perform additional analysis as directed.
- As directed by the Manager Tax Planning & Analysis, perform tax research on various issues involving Federal, State, and Provincial compliance and planning.
- Draft concise written memos, as assigned, to communicate the results of tax research.
- Assist in managing and settling federal/state tax audits and notices
- Compile data for tax examiners.
- 4 year degree in accounting/finance
- 1 to 2 years of corporate tax and/or public accounting experience with strong federal and state tax background.
- Strong U.S. Tax depreciation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and investigative skills
- Versatility to work independently or as a team as each project requires.
These skills and certifications are not required, but preferred :
- Multi State/Provincial Tax experience
- Experience with CorpTax Provision and/or CorpTax Tax Preparation software
- *Audit or accounting experience with knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS
- Canadian corporate income tax or GST/HST experience
- CPA or eligible to sit for exam.
Compensation: Attractive base compensation and bonus eligible; OUTSTANDING benefits and 401K match.
** Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder to be considered for this position **
If you, or someone you know, may be interested and qualified for this position, please forward your resume and letter of interestApply Now