Senior Treasury Analyst – (Mobile, AL)
- Job Status: Filled
- Posted On: October 1, 2018
- Job Category: Finance and Accounting
- Position Type: Full Time
- Location: Mobile, AL
- Desired Experience: 2+ years
- Desired Education: Bachelors in Accounting, Finance, Economics
- Travel: Negligible
- Relocation: No
Senior Treasury Analyst
Gateway Sourcing is helping our client hire a Senior Treasury Risk Analyst
This is a permanent position. This person should have both experience and desire to work in a highly dynamic industrial environment without direct supervision.
The Senior Treasury Analyst provides technical analysis for day-to-day treasury operations and risk management processes as well as month-end close process and management reporting in support of company goals.
- Determine funding requirements via review of daily cash position
- Analyze cash flows and explain variances to forecast
- Review and initiate properly authorized electronic payments and ensure compliance with EFT policy
- Review report of previous day bank account debits to ensure proper authorization; initiate action to address unauthorized debits
- Review and clear exceptions in cash management system Hanse Orga
- Review bank-produced positive pay exceptions and determine appropriate action
- Review and clear treasury service requests sent to Group Treasury email account
- Maintain and update treasury spreadsheets
- Ensure compliance with RISMA spreadsheet controls; inform treasurer of exceptions
- Provide verification of banking information for customers and vendors as requested
Assist division treasurer on the following:
- Ensure compliance with debt covenants and agreements.
- Facilitate annual renewal of debt agreements.
- Address day-to-day and service issues with banking contacts
- Identify and drive process improvements in treasury and risk management operations
- Ensure supply chain finance is funded and add new vendors as required
- Manage and administer corporate credit card program
- Oversee assignment and ongoing maintenance of employee access in banking systems
- Create management reports, to include cash forecast, interest on debt, workers compensation reserve, P-card exception reporting, treasury activity log, etc.
- Special treasury and risk management projects as assigned by Division Treasurer
- Assist corporate accounting on intercompany balance variances related to cash payments
- Prepare month-end treasury-related journal entries and review treasury-related general ledger accounts for reasonability
- Assist with administration of insurance and other risk management processes
- Manage Certificate of Insurance Requests from Vendors and employees.
- Assist treasurer in compilation of renewal submission information
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics or finance
- Minimum two years of relevant experience
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work in an efficient manner
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office products, especially Excel
- Analytical and problem solving skills, along with a high level of attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, especially in written format
These skills and certifications are not required, but preferred :
- Advanced certification in treasury (such as CTP) or financial analysis
- Cross-border (North American) treasury/cash management experience
- Foreign language – Spanish
Location: This position is based near Mobile, AL
Compensation: Attractive base compensation and bonus eligible; OUTSTANDING benefits and 401K match.
** Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder to be considered for this position **
If you, or someone you know, may be interested and qualified for this position, please forward your resume and letter of interest