IT Systems Administrator (Mobile, AL)
- Job Status: Open
- Posted On: September 25, 2019
- Job Category: Information Technology
- Position Type: Full Time
- Desired Experience: 4+ Years
- Desired Education: Advanced Degree
- Travel: Negligible
- Relocation: No
Gateway Sourcing has a client need for a cloud services and Windows Systems Administrator. As Systems Administrator, you will work in coordination with a cross-functional team to develop and support cloud, windows and Unix infrastructure. They provide technical assistance on windows and cloud-based systems to resolve operational problems. The professional will also assist in the administration of cloud services and Windows server environments.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting servers running Microsoft Server 2012 / 2016 / 2019 server operating systems in cloud IaaS providers as well as on premises including AWS and Azure.
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting servers running Red Hat RHEL v6 & v7 and CentOS v6 & v7 server operating systems in cloud IaaS providers as well as on premises.
- Management, installation, configuration and troubleshooting of cloud IaaS providers environments
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of VMWare virtual environments.
- Managing backups using Veeam enterprise backup solutions.
- Assisting Level 1 help desk staff with priority issues and help desk tickets as necessary.
- Assist with developing and/or revising written operating procedures.
- Maintain proper records of hardware, software and network configurations using Microsoft Visio and other documentation packages.
- Provide daily and weekly updates regarding outstanding issues and work progress.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Demonstrates the ability to maintain professionalism and a positive attitude when encountering changes in the workplace. (i.e.: Seeks to understand changes; maintains positive attitude when dealing with change; makes appropriate behavioral adjustments when needed.)
- Initiates Action – Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive. (i.e.: Responds quickly; takes independent action; goes above and beyond)
- 4+ years of systems administration experience with Windows 2008 or higher versions experience. AWS experience required with Azure also highly preferred.
- It is preferred that the IT Systems Administrator be certified in one or more of the following:
- MCSA / MCSE / MCITP Windows 2016
- MCSA / MCES / MCSD Azure
- VMware VCP
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner or higher
- Red Hat RHCSA
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, Visio, Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to develop project plans, manage individual deadlines and goals.
- Must be highly disciplined, self-starter, and leader with the ability to execute on assignments independently, and effectively communicate expectations for all programs/projects being managed.
- Must have good organization, presentation and exceptional time management skills.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be able to interact with individuals from all levels of the organization.
- Must be a US Citizen or Green card holder
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and must be physically able to negotiate stairs. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision.
Location: Mobile, AL Travel – Negligible
Compensation: This is a permanent position and compensation will be commensurate with experience. This company also offers full medical and dental benefits along with a 401k matching program
If you are qualified and interested, please submit your resume and cover letter.Apply Now