Engineering Technical Manager – (Nashville, TN)
- Job Status: Open
- Posted On: September 16, 2018
- Job Category: Engineering
- Position Type: Full Time
- Location: Nashville, TN
- Desired Experience: 4+ years
- Desired Education: Bachelors
- Travel: 30%
- Relocation: Yes
An international company and leader in the market is seeking a driven, talented and proven Engineering Technical Manager. Our client manufactures the finest quality products and provides the best customer service. They are not the “cheapest” product, but they are the best. If you like representing the best and educating industrial clients of the value of quality, customer service and custom fabrication; this could be a good match for both of us.
Our primary product offering are sealing devices. If you work within the industrial environment you realize that seals are necessary nearly everywhere. We offer standard and custom fabrication for multiple industries and applications
The Technical Manager (TM) is responsible for providing technical advice to the application engineers and support to the sales team in order to develop, sell and successfully implement solutions. The TM is also responsible for building relationships across all levels of engineering departments within existing customers and prospective target accounts to generate new business opportunities.
- Guide and mentor a team of 4+ Application Engineers
- Develop a system to evaluate technical proposals in order to ensure that they are technically accurate, consistent, and align with the organization’s overall strategy for its products and services.
- Implement, monitor, and look for ways to improve the tracking system that will focus on project cycle times, project velocity and project conversion.
- Implement a system in order to filter and prioritize projects to ensure achievability according to business strategy.
- Work closely with the GM to hire, lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of application engineers to ensure projects are completed on-time and according to customer needs and expectations.
- Work closely with Sales Manager and GM to standardize project work flow, project expectations, project review meetings and implementation of best practices and success from within and outside of the local MC.
- Liaise with engineering and operational managers (R&D, CPE, Factory, Segment, GIT) to ensure that the application and sales engineering team is up-to-date on new product developments and to share customer feedback and information on competitor activity so that the organization can modify its products and services to respond to changing market conditions and customer demands.
- Develop, evaluate, and review integration and installation procedures and standards to ensure that work is of consistently high quality.
- Collect and analyze information from customers to understand their business and their technical needs and expectations.
- Develop work instructions to create or edit existing drawings thru the use of NX, Adobe Pro, and other image editing software.
- Assist in achieving Sales Growth: Achieve Sales Target. Strive for 10%+ year over year growth.
- Complete month end reports. Including project win rates, project cycle and velocity, competitor activity, and changing market conditions.
- Ensure full compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures including Quality Manual and ISO Quality Procedures.
- Provide proactive communication, analysis and problem solving
- Assist GM in management reviews, business reviews and business plans
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times when dealing with customers.
- May also include general duties AE tasks and responsibilities.
Qualified candidates for this position must possess:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering. (Mechanical or Technical preferred)
- 4+ years work experience in engineering related field
- Experience with sealing devices / solutions
- Excellent Mechanical and Technical aptitude.
- Excellent understanding of technical prints and terminology.
- Knowledge of rubber/plastic products, seals and bearings is beneficial
- Application knowledge within specified market segments such as Fluid Power, Life Sciences, Food, Bev, Water, Off-Highway/Construction, Automotive, and Aerospace is beneficial
- Familiarity with ISO quality requirements
- Strong customer focus and understanding of total customer satisfaction
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent people and relationship building skills
- Customer driven with a positive, professional, can-do attitude
- Excellent proficiency and capabilities with 3D solid modeling software
- Proven proficiency and experience in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven proficiency and experience in the use of business operational software (CRM, Oracle JDE, SAP)
Location: This position is based near Nashville, TN and supports a national market territory
Travel: Approximately 30%. Travel will include local, national and international requirements for customer visits, business meetings, and trainings.
Compensation: Attractive compensation including a generous base and bonus eligible; OUTSTANDING benefits and 401K match.
** Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder to be considered for this position **
If you, or someone you know, may be interested and qualified for this position, please forward your resume and letter of interestApply Now