Electrical Maintenance Manager
- Job Status: Open
- Posted On: January 17, 2019
- Job Category: Engineering
- Position Type: Full Time
- Desired Experience: 10+ years
- Desired Education: Bachelors
- Travel: Negligible
Gateway Sourcing, a professional staffing company, is helping our client hire an Electrical Maintenance Manager.
Location: The position will be located in North Mobile, AL.
The Electrical Maintenance Manager will supervise (12) electrical maintenance personnel; maintain electrical equipment and manage projects to ensure safe operation and eliminate downtime in this manufacturing environment.
Principal activities will include:
- Ensure workforce compliance with company policy, company and commercial safety standards, and all applicable laws and regulations, to include ISO, JSAs, SOPs, LO/TO, Confined Space, OSHA, etc.
- Drive continuous improvement projects; develop, revise, and improve LO/TO and preventative maintenance procedures.
- Maintain high voltage electric arc equipment; maintain crane electrical systems; order/maintain adequate equipment to minimize downtime; ensure back-ups of drives are regularly performed and securely maintained; promote workforce safety and production goals, as well as the effective and timely maintenance of buildings and equipment.
- Foster culture of safety; coach, train, develop team; drive departmental safety program; assign and ensure completion of corrective safety procedures; eliminate hazards; attend and conduct safety meetings; manage team safety observation program; keep programs up to date; develop safe and efficient job procedures.
- Share responsibility for department maintenance budget; manage overtime costs; share capital plan responsibility; organize outages (timeline, contingencies, spare parts, vendors, cost/deadline goals); coordinate schedules/personnel; manage work orders in automated system; ensure required maintenance completed during down days/outages; drive projects to completion; communicate with commercial utilities providers to coordinate operations and address concerns.
- Train contractors and department personnel in safety programs; conduct meetings and communicate daily maintenance plans; publish detailed maintenance outage plans; engage and communicate with workforce in regard to safety, cost, productivity, and scheduling; communicate to supervisor status of open projects, personnel development, equipment conditions, capital needs, etc.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or electrical field.
- Ten (10) years heavy industrial electrical maintenance; five (5) years industry equipment (including Melt Shop) maintenance.
- Industrial maintenance field management; scheduling; organizing multi-day outages.
- Industrial instrumentation knowledge, to include: flow meters, position transducers (LVDT), pressure transducers, accelerometers, RTDs, thermocouples.
- Troubleshooting communication networks, to include: Profibus, Ethernet, AB, “Blue hose,” RS Link, etc.
- Programming/maintaining Allen Bradley and/or Siemens PLC.
- Maximo maintenance program.
- ISA certified.
Compensation: This is a permanent position. Salary commensurate with experience. Major benefits and matching 401K provided. Opportunity for profit sharing as well as bonus.
Candidates must be U.S. citizens or Green Card holders.
This is a permanent position.
If you, or someone you know, may be interested and qualified for this position, please forward your resume and letter of interestApply Now