Buyer – Procurement Specialist (Mobile, AL)
- Job Status: Open
- Posted On: October 1, 2019
- Job Category: Other
- Position Type: Full Time
- Desired Experience: 3+ years
- Desired Education: Bachelors
- Travel: Negligible
- Relocation: No
Gateway Sourcing is assisting a client in search of a Buyer to support their line of manufactured industrial equipment. As a Buyer you are responsible for the operational purchasing policy in terms of quality, price and delivery performance and achieve the purchasing goals
- Price analyses, price negotiations of assigned commodities or suppliers
- Follow up of quality performance (together with the SQA engineer) and delivery performance (together with the logistic engineer).
- Design and control a cost reducing program.
- Create development & supply agreements and negotiate with suppliers.
- Together with colleagues from Engineering, work on product development
- Scale projects that lead to further standardization
- Screen the market for technical and commercial alternatives both on local and international level.
- Be responsible for the administrative, financial, economic aspects of the suppliers.
- Make sure that suppliers handle themselves in accordance with our quality and logistic demands and always aim for a win/win situation.
- Verify suppliers are in compliance with mandated business practices
- Evaluate all technical and policy developments in the supplier market that can affect quality and performance.
- MAY BE REQUIRED TO PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS REQUESTED, DIRECTED OR ASSIGNED.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain – Business / Applied Economics or related field (industrial, civil or commercial engineer)
- 3+ years experience in purchasing and commercial negotiations for industrial product manufacturing
- Experience in a technical function or production environment is an asset.
- Experience in supplier logistics or project management a plus.
- Excellent communications and command of the English language. Other languages are a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder
Location: North Mobile, AL. Travel is negligible
Compensation: This is a permanent position and compensation will be commensurate with experience. This company also offers full medical and dental benefits along with a 401k matching program
If you are qualified and interested, please submit your resume and cover letterApply Now